Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Key Necklace

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

When life gets hectic and I have no time to think about what to wear, my wardrobe gets simpler. I'm always going to reach for a long floral dress in times of despair, but I've been wearing this striped vest top and flared jeans since Monday. I got these faded flares on Sunday and love them, they're like comfy pyjamas. The fur coat I blogged about recently has become a bit of an obsession, probably because I want to get as much use out of it before Spring, although I always go back to my black pea coat.

The highlight of what would otherwise have been a totally boring post style-wise (although sometimes I think there is nothing more stylish than a striped top and jeans) has to be this key necklace I made on Monday night at about 2 o'clock in the morning. I stole this key from my Grandparent's house when I was 11 or 12 and kept it in a box ever since. Woken with the sudden urge to put a real key on a necklace, I reached for the little tin box and dropped this key onto the first free chain I could find. Isn't it funny how something so simple can give you so much pleasure? I like my jewellery to have a story, or some sort of personal significance to it, so expect this to become another regular on The Flower Girl.

My fashion dream is to one day have one single outfit that satisfies me so much it's all I'll ever wear again. Basket, check. Mary-Janes, check. Key necklace, check. See, I'm getting there :)

I'm looking forward to a morning filming, a trip to IKEA and a fun filled interview with blogger Robyn on Friday at the shop! I'm having to get the window replaced, but otherwise it's all coming along amazingly well!

Oh, and I passed my theory test! Thank you for all your good lucks Tweets!
X
Follow The Flower Girl

Follow BeckyMay on Twitter
Don't miss out on my 3 winner giveaway, click below!

Photobucket