Saturday, December 18, 2010

Next year all our troubles will be out of sight

The snow is falling fast here and it feels like the worst of the weather is about to hit us. I don't mind much because I'm here with Nan and I know at least the three of us will be together over Christmas even if my Mum and Dad can't get down. But I know there are so many people who are worried they will be stuck without their families, so my thoughts go out to them, because I know how worried I was a few days ago. I think it brings Christmas back to what really matters though, and it's not how many presents you get, or how much food and drink you consume, it's about the people you want to be with. I know we all like to get nice things, but being here with my Nan and sister, I'm perfectly happy.

Wow, how cheesy can I be?

And now for some fairly un-related inspiration to hopefully lift the spirits of everyone who is stuck somewhere.