Monday, April 18, 2011

TOP 3

make avatar
 (Self portrait. Drawing yourself is hard! I give mad props to the illustrators of the world.)
 I get a lot of emails asking these 3 questions the most. So I thought I'd try and answer them on my blog.

1. Who takes your pictures?

Majority of the time, I do. It's just little ole me lugging around my equipment and hitting the button and run. I've grown to love and understand my camera and tripod. I use a Nikon D3000 and a tripod that extends up to 6 ft. It may take some time but I've gotten used to it! 
Now as for Ephraim...he only helps me on the weekends or when he's in the mood. Maybe one day my baby will be the next great photographer but right now he's too busy being a boy.

2. Where do you go thrifting?

Family Thrift, Value Village, Goodwill, Salvation Army, Buffalo Exchange...etc etc. I usually travel outside of Houston for the real treasures. The trick is you have to look at EVERYTHING!! Even men's and children's.

 3. How did you get you blog out there ("popular")?

I honestly have NO CLUE!! I just thought I post pics on LB like everybody else. I think it's more of what my readers are doing than me. Word of mouth is a mutha! 
The best advice I can give to you is to stay true to yourself and what your blog is about. Don't be so quick to sell out. I've seen soooo many blogs start off good. Then slowly they start taking any and every paid ad or free item they can get their hands on!  To the point you don't even recognize them anymore or what they're blogging for. Free shit is alright....ok I love free shit but if it doesn't fit my sense of style, budget or have nothing to do with what my blog stands for (I'm a personal style blogger btw) then I could care less or how free it is! You don't have to work with everyone who ask you. DUH!!
Also good quality photos never hurt and how many photos you use is important too. In the beginning you guys probably thought I was obsessed with myself! I used to have over 20 pics each post....DAMN! I've learned you have to cut back. No matter how many good shots you got. You have to try and tell your story within 5 to 10 shots. Leave them wanting more, not make them wish they were almost to the end of all your goddamn pictures!

Well I hope I was helpful in my answers. I know I suck at answering emails sometimes and I secretly HATE blog interviews. This was just an easier way for you to get to know me and how I do things. 
Thanks for loving me,
Virgin