Tuesday, April 19, 2011

HEY YO, SLIM!

vintage art deco lounge jacket, AA crop tee and slim maxi skirt courtesy of American Apparel, vintage Sienna hat, vintage crochet customized fringe bag, vintage DIY studded stacked platforms, vintage chain belt, turquoise cross necklace from Darine, vintage multi cross necklace, vintage bangles and B.E. rings
It's official I'm OBSESSED with slouchy lounge jackets, cover ups...whatever! It can make something so simple, like B&W, look like you put in a lot of effort. Especially if you're lucky to find one with bold colors and such a neat-o art deco print. I just love the flow and "that all eyes on me" effect it gives.
Well over the weekend Joel has been watching his 1940s detective flicks over and over. So I actually drew a lot of inspiration from the male characters. Of course I virginized it with a burst of color and a fringe bag! Too bad I can't be a real detective, you would be able to spot my ass a mile away!
Soooooooo the weather has cooled down but it's definitely back on the rise. I'm so anxious to see what the Summer is going to be like! Probably FUCKIN' HOT but at least I'm going to spend half my Summer in another city. I try not to boast but I am just too excited!! I'm going from Buttfuck, TX to New York City!! It's like when Country Mouse visits City Mouse...you know the Tom and Jerry episode??  Hahaha!! Yeah it's going to be fucking sweet. I'm dying to see Ephraim's reaction. He loves to see different types of people and styles. It'll be fun to show him that I'm not crazy. Other people dress like this everyday too!
Before I go I just wanted to thank everyone who understood where I was coming from in my last post. I'm no blog guru...just a normal Texas girl who enjoys blogging for real and not from a commercial stand point. I also wanted you to know that I don't have over the top camera equipment with lighting. Just me and my tripod! I like being the underdog. While others are waiting for the elevator, I rather take the stairs! That's just me. My Mom always said I like to do things the hard way.
Kisses,
Virgin