Thursday, March 3, 2011

Spring time-Head Over Heels

I can feel it in the air. The slight constant breeze..alright alright, so the Sun still shines like there's no tomorrow, but I can live with it :) Spring is here and I'm making sure my frilly, colorful pieces are aired enough. I have the biggest thing for these adorable little flip flops from Head Over Heels which I just bought and I can't seem to get enough of. Once you look at them, you're sure to concur that they are indeed truly, Spring delight! :D
Clubbing this post with what Ankita asked me about how to dress for casual house parties, a good suggestion is to go easy with the shoes because the chances are that being a chilled home affair, you won't really be flaunting those lovely wedges inside the house.
My suggestion is to go for easy-on-the-feet shoes, like these flip flops for instance. Cute-printed ballet flats are another option. Comfortable, easy to lounge around in. Also, another thing to keep in mind for house parties, fuss free make up. Keep it minimal. The outfit cue can be taken from what I am wearing in this post, a well cut ruffled top, a tank of some sort, paired with military shorts, a frilly/pleated skirt( Its SPRING, you can be a little frivolous) :)


Thats my New Fashion Journal <3



The Head Over Heels flip flops have colorful hearts all over and I can keep raving about them forever. The black metal anklet is a new pick from the famous Commercial Street and its gorgeous because its so traditionally Indian. The two shiny toe rings are also new picks and I'm going to be wearing those very often, me thinks. Nothing like accessorising your feet a little.
Peach ruffled shirt with the rose: Australia
Pink corduroy skirt: Gift from London, I think
Flip Flops: Head Over Heels
Over sized transparent beach bag: Street shopping, Australia
Hairband: Sportsgirl

What do you think of the look? Sporting something similar for the Spring? For a house party? Or a cute little picnic into the woods?(Ok, now I'll shut up!)
XOXO