Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Eat the roses


Good morning everyone! I'm off to my Nan's in a bit with my sister and thought I'd do a quick outfit post before I get too busy with decorating her house, wrapping gifts, making mince pies - that kind of thing. I packed last night and Wink curled up in my suitcase, it was so cute, he doesn't want me to go. What's a girl to do without her beloved cat over the Christmas season? My heart is breaking, but our neighbour is looking after him and his brother for the few days we are away.

 I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that less is more. Not just with outfits, but with everyday life too. I watched Inception last night and loved the basic idea of the story, but it felt like it lasted a hundred years, and the more I watched the more I had to think. Sure it takes you into a whole new amazing world, but in my experience the best stories are ones that lead you in effortlessly are essentially simple.

So here is something simple, well fairly simple. I don't like fussy outfits or anything uncomfortably tight (but I am partial to a good floral print.) A plain white tee makes more of a statement sometimes than anything. Has anyone else noticed how much better looking guys are who wear jeans, a white t-shirt and maybe a leather jacket? Simple is just better. Am I rambling on again?

  
I am wearing a vintage skirt, a t-shirt of my mum's, a gap cardigan, a vintage belt, boots from a charity shop, a butterfly broach, my skull necklace (it felt so weird without it yesterday) and vintage earrings from my Dad. Oh and a flower from my bunch of roses. I got them the other day and they are just lovely.