Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Vogue Fashion Celebration Night, Paris


Having our picture taken at the Gucci store together with Ouliana


I don't even know where to start to describe my Paris trip and the Vogue Fashions Night Out. It's been absolutely amazing and fashion is definitely in the air in Paris. We started off at the Avenue Montaigne going through stores, sipping champagne and enjoying the fabulous designs of Gucci, Chanel, Ralph Lauren, Chloe and many more. As we weren't allowed to take photos once inside, you have to take my word here, the whole experience was truly unforgettable. It actually felt like being part of this whole French Fashion industry being surrounded by so many cool bloggers and street fashion photographers. I actually had my picture taken, which felt incredible, so once it's on the web, I will make sure to post it.




On the roof of the Galeries Lafayette mall. Amazing view


Printemps Loves New York window theme






Ok, back to what I wore that day isn't actually so easy to describe. When I was leaving home in Belgium and heading for the train station it was pouring rain and the temperatures dropped as low as 14 degrees, which totally messed up all of my outfit plans. So I really had to change everything last minute and as a result ended up travelling to Paris in leggings and trainers. After the train crossed the border and we were on the French soil, the sun was shining again and it felt like a perfect Summer day. Well, eventually I changed my travelling leggings into a more funky River Island skirt and put on my Finsk booties. On top I had this super cool, one of my favourite actually, H&M Trend biker jackets. And of course my all time favourite and absolutely irreplaceable Chloe Saskia tote. This is an ageless bag and it's absolutely perfect for all this things I like to carry around, especially when travelling.



These are the most fab Chanel Winter 2010-2011 designs. I am 100% in love with this collection.


Dior window


And here is to street fashion. I loved that freedom of fashion in Paris. You can totally wear anything you want, anything you like and anything you feel comfortable in. There is no cliche as to the social standard of dress, no prejudice, no judgement. This fashionist (above) definitely rocked the H&M Trend clutch and that loose trench coat with the military boots. I loved the look.

Hope to be back to Paris some time soon

♥♡

Follow Elena Vasilieva