Sunday, September 19, 2010

Nepal Handicrafts Celebration (made the dress)



It started with a tea party. A perfect day and a perfect place. I loved absolutely everything I saw there. And of course this amazing variety of colours of the Nepali culture. The shades of green, red, yellow, golden and deep sky blue. I am actually always fascinated with these kind of things. It was a great source of inspiration, and who knows maybe in a few months you will see a reflection of some of the asian traditions in my designs.

And I wore my new dress for the occasion. Many of you have seen the preview in my previous post. Well, here it is. Grey cotton simple cut dress with a pleated skirt and beaded detail collar, which to tell you a secret took me almost the whole day to get done. This dress is definitely becoming part of my Winter collection and I will probably be making more of these in some other colours. Having worn it the whole day, I must confess, I'm in love. Really happy how it turned out.






These traditional Nepali pants are absolutely to die for. I loved the colour and that embroidery is just gorgeous. I'd love to own a pair of these.




Sunil M and Anuja D





This is my STAR. One of the most amazing women I've ever known. If you are ever in Antwerp make sure you check out her store Nepal Handicrafts. Friendly warm greetings are guaranteed.


And back to what I wore:
Dress by Elena Vasilieva, Belt River Island, Shoes Top Shop, Bag Chloe + my all time favourite biker jacket by H&M Trend


♥♡

Follow Elena Vasilieva