Monday, February 28, 2011

All I want is a Marchesa

Hello Gorgeousness!
Yes you! :)
Oscars red carpet had some bloody pretty pieces that I couldn't get my eyes off. Anne Hathaway was a sight in red and so were all her 7 change of clothes. I enjoyed the feathers and the reds and corals but I think Marchesa on Hailee Steinfeld stole my breath away. I have reached the conclusion that there is nothing prettier than a Marchesa on a woman :D and their clothes are my latest fixation.
The True Grit star was the true portrayal of what I would dress like if I walked the red carpet, anytime soon. Ha! How I wish :D
The up-do and the thin little hairband, the minimalistic make up, the contrasting clutch and the nude pumps..all to let the gorgeous tulle Marchesa gown take centre stage.

Marchesa's metallics monotone dresses are what I would pick for the red carpet. And personally, not wanting to sound abrasive, I'm not the biggest fan of matching the exact color of your clutch with your outfit. I'm somehow more of a contrast-color or at least some other shade of the same family clutch with the outfit person. So, for this red carpet event(all in my head of course), I will probably make sure that there is a solid(not blending into my outfit) color to the clutch. However, with a bold metallic dress, I will want to wear a somewhat of a subtle pair of shoes. Nude pumps? Or these that I picked :)




The Gold knife pleated and the Silver Silk dress: Marchesa, The Red clutch: Bottega Veneta, the blue envelope clutch: Anya Hindmarch, the nude suede sandals: Jimmy Choo.
The best part of my picks? Match them in any order, horizontally or diagonally. Something I learned from VOGUE. All pictures are courtesy: net-a-porter.com
Like? Dislike? What are your favourite picks?
XOXO