Thursday, September 9, 2010

Reflection in the bazaars :)

I'm sorry for the overdose on the ethnic accessories but during my hours of sauntering today in the market for the perfect bindi for my friend's Eid get-together outfit..the photographer in me could not resist capturing these in my shiny, red camera :) Take a look. You cannot, for the love of God not like them :D
red, yellow, green, golden, silver, pearls, studs, crystals..
Love the twinkle captured
Women buying ethnic earrings in the bazaars

D'signer. Lol.
I love the bazaars in these festive days. Bustling with life, women scurrying along buying everything shiny they can get their hands on. So I admit I'm getting a little overtly sentimental about my cultural fashion, but these pictures knit the lives of the billions of Indian women together :)
Happy Eid and a Happy Ganesh Chaturthi. For my international friends, here's a little something of an introduction on our festivals :) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eid_ul-Fitr , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ganesh_Chaturthi

XOXO