Friday, September 10, 2010

Ready for Fall (made the cardigan)



Ok, here is what I have been working on for the past few days and finally it's ready. My new woollen cardi. A perfect Fall | Winter garment and I'm so excited about it. I know I do a lot of knitted cardigans, but this is just my thing. Can't leave without these. They are perfect for the chilly weather and they work just fine with absolutely anything. I can easily pair a cardi with jeans, short, dresses, you name it. So get ready, guys, more knits coming soon!

Actually about this, right now I'm working on another knitted top (how weird does that sound), but I'm sure it'll be fabulous. I just love working with different types of yarns (only natural of course), creating patterns and different textures. With knitting you can really go wild, there is so much freedom and no need to cut or make patterns. So I'm really excited about this new piece.





For this cardigan I used 100% untreated new wool, which is absolutely fabulous, easy to work with, natural and really soft. And one more great thing about it is that I can actually dye it any colour I want, and right now I'm seriously considering some darker shade. I also wanted to add some volume around the shoulders and the neck line, so I created these tube looking details. It maybe goes a little futuristic, but I love the overall look. The rest of the pattern is comprised of the numerous plaits.

Can't wait to hear your comments, and thanks so much for reading my blog.
Stay tuned for more updates and more designs

Hope you all have a great weekend

xx






Cardigan by Elena Vasilieva, T-Shirt River Island, Cropped Jeans H&M, Shoes Zara

♥♡

Follow Elena Vasilieva