Thursday, September 9, 2010

Blogger of the month: Laughing with broken eyes



Also heute ist es soweit: Jetzt verkünde ich meinen persönlichen "Blogger of the month" für September! Meine Wahl ist auf Amber Rose mit ihrem Blog "Laughing with broken eyes" gefallen. Ihre Posts sind so interessant und wahr! Seit einigen Wochen kann ich gar nicht mehr aufhören ihre Einträge zu lesen :]
Ich habe der glücklichen Gewinnerin 20 Fragen rund um ihr Leben, ihren Blog & ihre Meinung über Mode gestellt, hier die Antworten:

1. Wo wohnst du?Clarksville, TN

2. Arbeitest/ Studierst du?
Ich bin ein Vollzeit-Student an der APSU! Ich musste meinen Job wegen einem Autounfall beenden, aber ich hoffe, ich werde bald wieder mit dem Arbeiten anfangen.


3. Was ist dein persönliches Lebensmotto?
Es wird immer besser werden.

4. Dein Lieblingsbuch?
Schwierig.. Hmh am besten das was ich im Moment lese - "Sonntags bei Tiffany's " von James Patterson.

5. Deine Lieblingsband / Lieblingsmusiker / ..?
Spoon, Ryan Adams, The National, Regina Spektor, She & Him, Jack's Mannequin, Beck, Nada Surf,...
6. Der "Soundtrack deines Lebens" [im Moment]?
I Thought I Saw Your Face Today - She & Him
Swim- Jack's Mannequin
Arrow- Tegan and Sara
See These Bones- Nada Surf
I Put a Spell on You- She & Him cover
Headlights- Dispatch
(Ich habe nur sechs aufgeführt, weil es ja die Frage Nummer sechs ist!)




7. Warum hast du mit deinem Blog begonnen [und wann]?
Ich begann meinen Blog ein paar Wochen vor meinem Abitur. Ich dachte mir .. Ich werde nie wieder jung zu sein, also warum nicht den Moment einfangen?

8. Glaubst du, dass dein Blog dir in deiner weiteren Karriere helfen wird?So gern ich ja sagen würde, ehrlich gesagt nicht. Ich meine .. Mein Traum ist es, eine Schriftstellerin und eine Coffeeshop Sängerin in New York zu sein und obwohl dieser Blog inspirieren kann, glaube ich nicht, dass ich durch ihn meinen Traumjob bekommen könnte. :)

9. Was hat dich zu dem Blog Titel inspiriert?
Kurz nach einem schrecklichen Tag, ich kann mich noch genau daran erinneren, war ich in mein Zimmer und warf zufällig einen Platte in meinen Plattenspieler .. Und Ryan Adams '"When the Stars Go Blue" wurde gespielt. Der Text "Laughing with broken eyes" fasziniert mich. Jedesmal.

10. Wie machst du deine Bilder?
Ich habe kürzlich in ein Stativ (hallelujia) investiert. Wenn ich die Fotos nicht selbst mache, hilft mir mein kleiner Bruder, genauso wie meine Freunde. Ich denke, die k seltsame Frage "Machst du ein Bild für meinen Blog für mich?"

11. Deine Lieblings-Blogs?
Es gibt da einige.. Nun.. Keiko Lynn, Emily von "Ruby Slipper Journeys", Paislea von "Allister Bee", Ali von "The Drawing Mannequin" ... Ich habe so viele, die ich liebe! Es ist schwer, nur wenige aufzuzählen ..



12. Was bedeutet Mode für dich?
Das ist jetzt sicher die Klischee Antwort schlecht hin, Mode ist für mich
eine Chance, die Version von sich selbst auszudrücken und zu zeigen wie man sich fühlt.


13. Glaubst du, dass eine Menge Leute viel zu oberflächlich sind? [Denn ich denke, dass die Welt immer oberflächlicher wird]Oh, natürlich. Ich verstehe, dass Leute zu einem gewissen Grad oberflächlich werden , aber es kommt ein Punkt, da ist genug einfach genug. Das erinnert mich an eine Geschichte meiner Oma die mir immer über einen faulen Apfel mit einem süßen kleinen Wurm im Inneren und einen "perfekten" Apfel, der immer leer war, erzählte. Ich vermisse sie...

14. Welche Stadt ist die modischte Stadt?
Kann ich nur ein nehmen? Ich glaube, dass viele Städte modisch sind. Da ich in Nashville lebe und es mir nah steht, werde Nashville nehmen. Oder New York .. Ich könnte darüber noch länger nachdenken und die Liste verlängern!

15. Was ist deine persönliche "To Do List" für die nächsten Jahre / dein weiteres Leben?
"Lass Los". Ich möchte für mich selbst leben, damit ich keine Reue spüre.



16. Dein persönliches Must-Have für den Herbst?Ich bin von Spitzen besessen, so ziemlich alles mit Spitze gefällt mir. Und natürlich Strickjacken und Strümpfe. Das erinnert mich daran, dass ich einige neue schwarz Strümpfe brauche!

17.Bist du mit allen "Trends" einverstanden oder gibt es einige Dinge, die du nie tragen würdest?
Hmm .. Ich kann jeggings absolut nicht leiden. Wenn man Jeans tragen will , dann sollte man sie tragen. Wenn nicht, dann nicht.

18. Was ist dein liebstes Kleidungstück?Ich habe diesen Spitzen Cardigan (die armen Strickjacke ist schon so zerrissen!) aber ich kann mich nicht entschließen, sie weg zu geben! Ich liebe auch meine Mary-Janes, obwohl sie quietschen, wenn ich gehe.

19. Deine bevorzugten Marken / Geschäfte?
Alle meine Lieblingsgeschäfte sind online! Ich liebe modcloth (obwohl ich es mir nicht leisten kann etwas von dort zu kaufen), shopruche, Motte, forever21 ... Ich liebe auch thrifting. Und Target. ;)



20. Glaubst du, dass es eine Menge Kleidungs Unterschiede zwischen Europa und Amerika gibt?
Ich denke, es gibt Unterschiede in der Art des Stils, aber alle lassen sich von anderen Kulturen inspirieren.
Und nun: Seht euch ihren Blog an & verfolgt sie! ;]

in English:

So today is the day: I will announce my personal "Blogger of the Month" for September! My choice: Amber Rose with her blog "Laughing with broken eyes". Her posts are so interesting and true! I can not stop to read her posts and I am always excited when she has a new blogpost :]
I asked the lucky winner 20 questions about her life, her blog and her opinion about fashion, here are the answers:

1. Where do you live?Clarksville, TN

2. Do you work/study/... ?
I'm a full-time student at APSU, although I'm currently unemployed! I had to quit my job due to a car accident, but I hope to get back out there soon.

3. What´s your personal life motto?It will get better.

4. Your favourite book?
Tricky one.. Hmh, best to go with what I'm reading at the moment-- "Sundays at Tiffany's" by James Patterson.

5. Your favourite band/musician/..?
Spoon, Ryan Adams, The National, Regina Spektor, She & Him, Jack's Mannequin, Beck, Nada Surf.. There are so many, and I'll probably kick myself for leaving them out.






11. Your favourite blogs?
I have so many blogs in my reader.. Well, I love Keiko Lynn , Emily from "Ruby Slipper Journeys", Paislea of "Allister Bee", Ali from "The Drawing Mannequin"... I have so many that I love! It's hard to choose just a few..

12. What does fashion mean to you?
As cliche as this is going to sound, and as much as I know I'll cringe upon rereading this, fashion, at least to me, is a chance to express the version of yourself you feel like that day. Or at least the version you want to be. If I wake up up in a pissy mood and throw on some sweats and a sour face, you can bet that my day isn't going to pick up. Likewise, if I'm in a humdrum mood and get all dolled up, I'll feel a dozen times better.

13. Do you think that a lot of people are often too superficial? [cause I think that the world´s getting too superficial]Oh, of course. I understand that people are going to be superficial to some extent, but there comes a point when enough's enough. This reminds me of a story my Nana used to tell me about a rotten apple with a sweet little worm inside and a "perfect" apple that was forever vacant. I miss my Nana.




14. Which city is the most fashionable
city?

Can I just pick one? I think a lot of cities are fashionable, just that some are more populated so you see more of it. Since Nashville is so close to me, however, I'm gonna say Nashville. Or New York.. I could go on.

15. What´s your personal "To Do List" for the next years/your further life?
"Let go." I want to live for myself so that I won't have any regrets.

16. Your personal key pieces for fall?
I'm obsessed with lace, so pretty much anything lace. And, at the risk of sounding like everyone else in the world, cardigans and stockings. This reminds me... I need to get some new black solid stockings-- my got a terrible run in them!

17. Do you agree with all the "trends" or are there some things that you would never ever wear?
Mm.. I'll probably lose a few cool points, but I absolutely hate "jeggings". If you want to wear jeans, wear them. If not, then don't.

18. What´s your favourite piece of clothing?
I have this lacey cardigan-thing (the poor cardigan is so torn up and scraggly) but I can't bring myself to tossing it out! I also love my mary-janes, even though they squeak when I walk.



19. Your favourite brands/shops?
All my favorite shops are online! I love modcloth (though I'm too poor to buy anything from there), shopruche, spotted moth, forever21... I also love thrifting. And Target. ;)

20. Do you think that there are a lot of clothing differences between Europe & America?I think there are differences in the way Americans style their clothes than Europeans but that they all draw inspiration from another.


6. The "soundtrack of your life" [at the moment] ?I Thought I Saw Your Face Today- She & Him
Swim- Jack's Mannequin
Arrow- Tegan and Sara
See These Bones- Nada Surf
I Put a Spell on You- She & Him cover
Headlights- Dispatch
(only listed six since this was question number six!)


7. Why did you start your blog [and when]?
I started my blog a few weeks before my high school graduation. I figured.. I'm never going to be young again, to have these ideas, this innocence, so why not capture it?

8. Do you think that your blog will help you in your further career?
As much as I'd love to say yes, I honestly don't. I mean.. my dream is to be a writer and a coffeeshop singer in New York, and whilst this blog may provide inspiration, I certainly don't see myself getting jobs because of it. :)

9. How did you choose your blog title?
Shortly after a horrid day, and I remember this clearly, I was in my room and randomly threw a record on my turntable.. And Ryan Adams' "When the Stars Go Blue" was on. The lyrics "laughing with your broken eyes" gets me every time. Every. Single. Time.

10. How do you take your pictures?I recently invested in a tripod (hallelujia) considering I attempted to save money and build my own. (It wasn't pretty..) If I'm not taking them myself, my little brother often helps as do my friends. I think the weird factor of "Will you take my picture?" (especially since, in daily life, I'm extremely camera-shy and self-concious) has worn off.


And now: Check out her blog & follow her, cause she is great! ;]
- Stephanie

Follow Style15_09