Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Antwerp Shopping Sights (made the dress)



Ok there is a bit of a picture overload in this post, but the most important thing is that I finally had the time and the strength to put together all of my Antwerp adventure pictures. There is also a little surprise for you at the end of the post - a tiny video.

Anyway, back to business. Last weekend we decided to go to Antwerp (Belgian Fashion Capital) for a little bit of a shopping tour and to simply enjoy the nice weather. And of course I wore one of my latest creations. Just finished that dress the day before. It was actually a very impulsive design as I tend to get very inspired after my Paris trips I usually come back to Belgium with tonnes of fresh ideas and literally almost run to my work space desperate to start sawing. Well, this is the result. It's a little bit of a "Good bye Summer, and Welcome Autumn" dress. I used beige slightly shimmering cotton here. The cut is quite simple, with pleated sleeves and two small pockets at the front. And well, as we did walk a lot and I actually sensed that coming, I had to wear my leopard print flats.





This is ultimately one of my favourite Belgian designers, Dries Van Noten. I do honestly think he is a genius, one of the most creative minds of the century.



This is just an amazing window display at the All Saints store. Simply couldn't walk by it without taking a picture.


And of course I couldn't miss the newly opened and one of my favourite English High Street brands - River Island. This is their first store in Belgium and I must say I was impressed with how much great stuff they got there and the shoes are simply to die for. I really regret now I couldn't make it to the opening party just a few day earlier.






Dress by Elena Vasilieva, Shoes Dune, Bag Chloe, Sunglasses LV, Belt H&M

♥♡



Follow Elena Vasilieva