Thursday, June 24, 2010

Floral


I know it's not exactly Winter yet, but I just felt like making a look with something warm and cozy (blame this year's cold Belgian Summer for everything). Anyway, I made this pullover with a little bit of embroidery and beads at the front. A slightly different interpretation of a floral print on a woollen garment. It is actually machine knitted, but all of the details are hand work. I'm wearing it here with a dark blue starred skirt. Even though it's a Summer piece, I thought these two might work together just as well. I thought of making this type of a wide flowing skirt for a while. Some old American movies were actually a source of inspiration for this and also the reason behind the choice of fabric. It didn't take long to make though. The cut is fairly simple and straight forward (a double pleat at the front and a couple of small ones on the back).


I'm doing here a little bit of a mix and match: different styles and different collections. Hope you can see the detail on the pullover well.





Pullover and skirt by Elena Vasilieva, tights H&M, shoes Zara

♥♡