Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Ksenia Necklace

Ok, here is something new I did today. It's a very girly, pale pink (nude) "Ksenia" necklace.

Since the early morning I had plans to make a necklace. And as I did wake up at 0530 (crazy crazy day + a lot f work) I had plenty of time to think of some new designs. And it actually seemed to work out quite well until about 1200 in the afternoon when i finally got to the studio and actually sat down to sketch the design. At that exact point it struck me that all my wonderful thoughts have magically disappeared and I was just staring at a blank piece of paper. I did take out all my beads, lace and crystals to get at least a little bit of inspiration. I did even try to lay them all on a table in a more or less logical order. And still nothing.

I had a little chat with a customer... And then a phone call... and still had no clue what exactly I was going to make. I only knew it had to be very light, summary and pretty (and of course with some golden details). Honestly, at that point I was getting bored and annoyed. + I knew I only had a couple of hours left to work.

Eventually I had a vision. That's right, I am going to call it a "vision". Just like that, all of a sudden I had a very clear picture in my mind of a necklace with the pink yarn (alpaca 100%) roses. So here it is. The entire process in pictures.

I thought I'd call it Ksenia, since I could not think of a better name for this piece.

The necklace is all ready now and it laying on a shelf in our store. I will do a few more versions of it (but definitely no more than 3). By the way it goes great with the Knitted Marissa clutch.

Sketch

Yarn base

Details: golden beads and Swarovski crystals

Ksenia handmade necklace Summer 2010

Ksenia handmade necklace Summer 2010

♥♡