Friday, May 14, 2010

Beads, Lace and Buttons ...

First I take out all my "treasure" from a big box and lay it all on the table. Of course by treasure I mean lace, beads, sequins, buttons, crystals, est. Sometimes ideas come instantly. Sometimes I have to close my eyes and imagine a girl who would be wearing a piece of jewellery. It has to be chick and funky and it can be absolutely anything; earrings, necklace or a hairband. The girl is young, fun, easygoing, maybe a little crazy. She is walking her dog in a park, having a coffee with a friend, or maybe she is the one sitting next to you on the underground. She has a distinct style and a love for accessories.

So after I have a good idea who she is I start designing. Well, actually there is no traditional design process here. It is mostly playing with different sorts of products until they come into something interesting. And voila, within an hour or so I have a new broche matching my Summer Collection. It has a big chunk of golden genuine leather in the middle embellished with metal beads. Perfect to wear on a white top in the Summer. Clip it on anything you like, jackets, berets, or even your clutch.

♥♡



Elitsa broche