Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Quote of the week: Meryl Streep



Forget The September Issue, it's so 2007. It's all about the January issue for That's Not My Age. Vanity Fair's first of the new decade has the fabulous, 60 year-old Meryl Streep on the cover. And to celebrate I'm going to push the boat out and give you not one but three quotes from the 'un-Botoxed beauty.'

On being an older woman in Hollywood: ' I've been given great, weird, interesting parts well past my sell-by-date. I remember saying to Don (Gummer - Streep's husband) when I was 38, "Well it's over." And then we kicked the can down the road a little further.'

On cosmetic surgery and Botox: 'When I see it in people I meet, it's like an interruption in communication with them. It's like a flag in front of the view, and that for an actor is like wearing a veil - it's not a good thing.'

On her role in new film It's Complicated: ' It's incredible - I'm 60 and I'm playing the romantic lead in romantic comedies! Bette Davis is rolling over in her grave.'


Check out the 'Something about Meryl' feature and picture gallery, by photographer, Brigitte Lacombe, at Vanity Fair.