Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Street Style: More Mid Century Modern



'My granny in Nigeria knits my hats for me,' says Moses Otunla, 45, 'every time I go she has three or four waiting.' Moses has been selling vintage furniture for over 10 years (mainly to Mr & Mrs That's Not My Age!) His fantastic shop, Bleu, is in Herne Hill.



Stuart Paterson, 43, buys antiques and art for clients. When we bumped into him, Stuart was buying for himself. He collects ugly anglepoise lamps and has a 'small forest of them at home.'



Simon White, 42, and Rumina Haji, 41, (Haji & White) sell vintage posters and antiques . Simon cuts a dash in his Kangol hat and heavy cotton jacket from a Parisian flea market. Rumina looks fab in a 70s Swedish housecoat.



'I'll try not to give myself 80 year old lips!' said Maxine Siwan, 49, re-applying her lipstick before being snapped. Maxine works as a consultant for Liberty, and has the wardrobe to prove it. McQueen scarf, Pauric Sweeney bag...I won't go on.

Photos: Stephanie Rushton